Vision and Values
Our vision as an organisation is:
"To make a positive difference in people’s lives by improving health and wellbeing."
Our vision is underpinned by four key values, which have been developed in partnership with our patients, carers, colleagues and wider partners. Our values were most recently refreshed in July 2019 following engagement and feedback from colleagues.
We can only provide good quality services through our dedicated colleagues, working together with a common purpose. Our values reflect the reasons why our workforce choose to work for the NHS and for Derbyshire Healthcare.
- People first – We focus on our colleagues, in the knowledge that a well-supported, engaged and empowered workforce results in good patient care
- Respect – We respect and value the diversity of our patients, colleagues and partners and support a respectful and inclusive environment
- Honesty – We are open and transparent in all we do
- Do your best – We work closely with our partners to achieve the best possible outcomes for people.
The Team Derbyshire Healthcare Promise outlines a number of commitments between the Trust and its colleagues, as developed by Derbyshire Healthcare staff.
Our strategic objectives
Our vision is supported by three strategic objectives, which outline key areas of focus for the Trust:
1. Great care
Delivering compassionate, person-centred, innovative and safe care
Choice, empowerment and shared decision-making is the norm.
2. Great place to work
Attracting colleagues to work with us who we develop, retain and support by excellent management and leadership
An empowered, compassionate and inclusive culture that actively embraces diversity.
3. Best use of money
Making financially-wise decisions every day and avoid wasting resources
Always striving for best value by finding ways to make our money go further.
These strategic objectives represent the direction of travel, and the things we must do to achieve our vision. They will help us to become better across all service areas and allow us to stand out from other providers.
The Trust strategy takes a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 approach, as outlined in our strategic stepping stones. The strategy is made up of:
- One vision
- Two clinical priorities
- Three strategic objectives
- Four values
- Five clinical ambitions.